- Develop operational scenarios and layout options in collaboration with the relevant work packages.
- Develop optics and layout configurations and prepare on regular intervals coherent sets and versions of these files in a generally accessible repository.
- Specify the requirements in terms of maximum strength, length, aperture, field quality of the main and correction magnetic elements in collaboration with the relevant work packages.
- Define the requirements in terms of aperture available for the beam and agree tolerances (mechanical, alignment, orbit control, etc.) in collaboration with the relevant work packages.
- Specify the requirements for the powering circuits and performance (ripple, accuracy, precision, etc.) in collaboration with the relevant work packages and the HL-LHC circuit coordinator.
- Define operational cycles for the various machine elements.
- Evaluate intensity limitations resulting from impedance, electron-cloud and beam-beam effects and their interplay and develop mitigation strategies.
- Define the optics measurement and correction strategies and the implications for beam instrumentation and corrector specification.
- Evaluate the overall performance reach in collaboration with the relevant work packages and with the experiments.
G. Arduini (WP2 Leader) and R. Tomas (WP2 Deputy Leader)
R. De Maria (Scientific Secretary)
Optics and Layout: R. De Maria
Field Quality: M. Giovannozzi
Optics Measurement and Correction: R. Tomas
Coherent Effects: E. Métral
Beam Induced Heat Loads: G. Iadarola
Incoherent Beam-beam Effects, Mitigation Measures and Luminosity Lifetime: I. Papaphilippou
Parameters for Proton Operation, Luminous Region and Interface to Experiments: R. Tomas
Heavy Ion Scenarios and Performance: J. Jowett